Churchroom at Weare
The room is now open for booking.
It is a great venue for up to 40 people, close to St Gregory's Church. Ideal for funerals, baptisms and small weddings, as well as a range of meetings, events and parties.
£15 per session. This includes heating and use of the tables and chairs and the servery with glasses and crockery. There is no cooker.
For bookings and informatiom
Contact Anna Fox on 01934 732239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current regular events include :-
* The Weary Arms pop up Pub (BYOB) Every 1st Friday
* Parish Coffee Morning. Every 4th Friday
How you can help with making the room better?
- Write a letter or email of support! It cost nothing and will help hugely us in our grant funding. This can be personal or on behalf of a group that you are involved with.
- Would you want to use the Churchroom, once it is fully refurbished?
- What would you use it for?
- Are you a new use or group?
- Have you used this room in the past?
- What are the barriers to using it now?
- Use your time or talents. Do you have relevant skills or experience? Do you have time and interest to join our committee or the fundraising team? Can you help us apply for grants and funding? Can you pray for the project?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com or phone 01934 733281.
- Make a Donation of Money
Please make all donations in Cash or Cheques to 'PCC Crook Peak No3'. Give to Paul Wattam or any Churchwarden.
Why are we undertaking this project?
The Churchroom at Weare is Grade 2 listed building in the churchyard of St Gregory’s Church. It was built 175 years ago as a school room and it was in need of major renovation, much of which has been completed. We are now looking at an exciting project which will make it fully accessible for the whole Parish.
The problems that we are tackling include:-
1. No adequate disabled access.
2. No adequate emergency exits.
Projects we have completed include :-
1. Upgrading the toilet.
2. Renovating the crumbling and draughty windows.
3. Removing asbestos wall pannelling.